Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Antenna to Shack Ground Connection

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Antenna to Shack Ground Connection
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 20:54:19 -0800
On 2/3/15 8:26 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On Tue,2/3/2015 8:16 PM, Jim Lux wrote:
since you self certify for CE

I know that CE covers EMC; I don't know if it also covers safety. When
electrical codes talk about "Listed devices" they are talking ONLY about
safety.

That's why you need to look at which standards the CE mark is referring to, and that's manufacturer dependent. There are CE safety standards for things like grounding/bonding (e.g. that green/yellow striped wire, and that for some equipment you have to provide a screw attachment for a bonding conductor).

There's CE standards for everything..screwtops on bottles, etc.
Kind of like saying "MIL-STD".. the real question is "which MIL-STD"

I doubt, though, that a CE mark meets the intent of the NEC rules, which is for "independent" assessment.