[TowerTalk] Ground Strap Connection

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ground Strap Connection
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 22:21:07 -0600
I have installed a new entrance panel outside the shack for coax and control
cables.  It has a copper plate with all lightning arrestors attached, and I
need to run a ground down to the station ground rod directly below the
panel.  I have 3 inch copper strap to attach to the copper plate, and there
is a 3 inch slot below to exit the box.

What is the ideal way to attach the strap to the ground rod?  The rod
already has two solid 2 gauge tinned copper wires connected via Cadweld,
running to the electrical service ground rod in one direction about 50 feet
away, and the tower ground rod about 20 feet away.

Thanks.

73, Keith NM5G