[TowerTalk] Side-mounting a yagi on a Luso tower (on the bottom tower se

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Side-mounting a yagi on a Luso tower (on the bottom tower section)
From: John W <xnewyorka@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 00:45:59 -0400
I am considering putting up a Luso telescoping (crankup) tower in order to
avoid a challenging guy wire installation.In order for it to make sense, I
would need to be able to side-mount a yagi at the top of the bottom-most tower
section.(For their LUSO120US model, this means putting the antenna at 37' (or
11.3m) above ground.)Here is the tower:
http://www.lusotower.com/USA/tower%20120US.html
Luso tells me that it is not possible to do this because there is too much
hardware in the way (pulleys, ladder, etc.)But looking at the photos of their
towers, it looks to me like there might be enough room to somehow make it work.
Do you know of anyone who has side-mounted a yagi at the top of the bottom
section of a Luso tower? If so, I would like to see a photo or at least hear
about how it was done.
I know that antennas can be side mounted on the upper sections, so I don't need
to hear about that. Just interested in mounting at the top of the bottom
section.
Thanks in advance,
JohnW2ID