Re: [TowerTalk] Questions on M2 antennas and K4XS changes hands

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Questions on M2 antennas and K4XS changes hands
From: Bill via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 21:21:20 -0400
I am a satisfied M2 user.  I've had lots of experience with  most of their
stuff.

I have a four high stack of the 6 el 15 meter Yagis mounted on Rohn  55.
The one element comes close to the tower but doesn't touch.   You'll be OK.

On interaction between other antennas and the 40 LLDD.  Out at  KH6 I had
the 40 mounted about 10 feet below a KT36XA and noticed a little  different
SWR on that XA on 15 .  As I would rotate the one antenna  (sidemount) I
could see the SWR change maybe .2 on 15.  I noticed no  interaction on the
other
bands.

I have the same configuration on a rotating tower.  The 40  meter Yagi is
at 100 feet and I have a stack of XAs at 90/60/30.  I notice  very little
difference on the antenna at 90 and the one down at 60 for 15  meters.

That being said, I'm sure there is some degradation  on the 15  pattern.
Given a choice I would keep the 15 meter Yagi at least a 1/4  wavelength away
for the 40.  those two never make a great  combo.

As far as people complaining about the 40 LLD... I don't understand  why.
I have three of them here.  Two I got out in KH6 in 2007 and had  them up
for four years with no problem.  I put them up here in FL and have  had no
problems with them.  The third I got used and replaced some rusty  hardware and
have had that one up for three years.  Again, no  problems.

Beware on the 15meter 6 el Yagi.  The boom is spongy.  I  would suggest
putting a pair of side trusses on that one.

Finally, the K4XS superstation will be changing hands to a new  owner on
April 10.  Where ever I head off to, getting M2 antennas will be a  strong
consideration.  Mike has some quality stuff.

K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 4/4/2015 1:02:11 A.M. Coordinated Universal Time,