Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices

To: Bry Carling <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>, "jim@audiosystemsgroup.com" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 13:47:30 -0500
Again, bad example.

Cushcraft designs date back decades, in some cases to the 1950s and 60s. The
development costs are all paid for.

As we have seen, and as much as some people choose to disagree, modern
antenna designs outperform 50-year-old trap designs. Enough people are
willing to help pay for the development costs to get better antennas.

Any business can only ever sell at a price the market will support. Enough
people are buying F12, Optibeam, JK and other brands' antennas the
businesses don't need to cut their prices. Those who don't buy their
products aren't in enough quantity to force a lowering of price.

If enough people voted with their feet, these makers would either have to
cut their price or go out of business.

Brian, if enough people are willing to pay you $10 for a crystal, and if you
determine that a price cut is NOT going to alter demand for crystals, you're
leaving the price at $10, yes?

73, kelly
ve4xt