Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices for K4XS

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices for K4XS
From: "Bry Carling AF4K" <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 12:32:06 -0400
What is your problem with metal enclosed traps?
Are you saying that they cuase loss, like the RF going into a shorted turn and
heating
up the trap case instead of radiating RF energy? How many watts are you
guessing may be
turned into heat this way in the average beam trap?
Show us the maths please.  You might be correct.  I am not convinced so far.

Then there would also be the issue of your RF tank coil in a linear amplifier
being similarly
"metal enclosed."  Somehow I am not seeing your point.