Re: [TowerTalk] Hauling hardline into a 4 inch cable duct

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hauling hardline into a 4 inch cable duct
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 10:57:57 -0700
On Wed,4/15/2015 6:50 AM, Alan Ibbetson wrote:
How do you guys at big stations do it?

Mine is a medium-size station. I have two 230 ft runs of 7/8-in hard line laying on the ground, then running 120 ft up the tower. There's another run of cobbled-together coax, mostly 1/2-in, as well as control cable for rotator and SteppIR. Everything is laying on the ground. The ground they're laying on is my woods. :) In about five years, no issues. The CATV-type RG6 for my two Beverages is also laying on the ground, no issues in about 9 years.

K6XX has a much larger station up the road from me, and he does exactly the same thing. The longest of his runs are about 800 ft, including the run up the tower.

73, Jim K9YC