Re: [TowerTalk] Messages end up in Spam Folder

To: "'John Bohnovic'" <k4wj@att.net>, "'GALE STEWARD'" <k3nd@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Messages end up in Spam Folder
From: "Larry Burke" <wi5a@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 20:40:04 -0500
I had the same experience with sbcglobal.net, which is "powered by Yahoo!".
Their spam filter settings cannot be changed or turned off and they are set
very tight. All sorts of stuff ends up in the spam folder. At one point
virtually all of my reflector e-mail was going there unbeknownst to me. I
use Outlook, not webmail. To get to the AT&T/Yahoo spam folder one needs to
log into webmail. I can confirm that AT&T doesn't give a crap based on the
hours I spent on the phone with them on this issue.

Like K4WJ, I set up a whitelist for all the reflectors and lists I am on. To
do this go to the "gear" (help symbol) in the upper right corner of the mail
page then "settings" ---> "filters". At this point you should see a screen
that says "sort incoming mail into folders". Click on "add". You want to
"deliver to inbox" any message that contains the subject "towertalk". Do
this for each of the reflectors you subscribe to and individuals from whom
you expect to receive mail from.

You will still have a few missed emails, but this addressed 95% of my
problem.

Larry K5RK