[TowerTalk] LM470 with raising fixture instructions.

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LM470 with raising fixture instructions.
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 17:08:36 -0400
I was going through the LM470 manual which does pretty well on details. The organization of which is not logical at least to my way of thinking.

I was trying to find the placement of the third leg of the raising fixture, but to no avail. The parallel ears go outside the mating ears on the base. It's not just intuitive, it's the only place they fit. However the third leg ear? When standing on the side with the parallel ears, looking through the base, does that third ear go to the left or right of the matching ear on the base? I could find nothing in the text, or pictorially that showed us where it went.

Of course we will find out when we place the tower, but if we were wrong it means disconnecting the hinge bolts for the tower and the 3 bolts holding the raising fixture and moving the whole fixture and then reinstalling all.

The other is the raising instructions. Place the holes in the bottom of the tower (makes sense) aligned with the "TOP" holes in the base ears. (I don't think so) All those holes have to line up as they all get 3/4" bolts and we can't do that if we hinge on the top hole. I think this is where I'll do it my way, but I would appreciate knowing on which side of the that third ear of the raising fixture goes. <:-))

Any thoughts, or knowledge?

Roger (K8RI)

---