Re: [TowerTalk] Installing DB36 atop 75ft guyed tower?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Installing DB36 atop 75ft guyed tower?
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 04:39:04 -0400
Use  a Tram!

I my case I took a TH-5 tribander and a 7L C3i 6-meter Yagi up the side of a 100' 45G guyed at 3 levels. I used a rope through the gin pole with workers on the ground pulling the antennas up (One antenna at a time). I basically took the antennas up sideways on my shoulder. It was a simple matter to rotate the antennas around the guys as the weight was supported by the rope. The pull went straight down the tower to a snatch block, so the workers were pulling straight away from the base of the tower with no side force on the gin pole. Plan ahead so you can rotate around the tower ans the mast to get the antenna right side up and on the right side of the tower. There are a number of 70' plus crank up and fold over towers large enough to lift and hold the DB36

The work went "almost" as fast as I could climb as I had to unhook my safety lines and reattach them above each set of guys I had to climb around. http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/TOWER24.HTM

The whole story is http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/tower.htm

73

Roger  (K8RI)