Re: [TowerTalk] Eliminating Balun on TH-11DX

To: <TexasRF@aol.com>, <bobbrus1@netscape.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Eliminating Balun on TH-11DX
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 16:49:02 -0400
Bob:

      If you do remove the balun and need to connect the coax directly to
the feed point, let me suggest this as a way of providing two good wire
leads off the end of the coax:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2007-02/msg00034.html .
If you use the coax braid as one connection exposed to the weather, it may
wick moisture into the rest of the shield, corroding the connection.  My
coax balun at the feed point to my Bencher Skyhawk has this connection at
the feed pont and I see nothing that causes me to want to re-do the
connection.

     FWIW.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F