Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting Ham IV vs Yaesu SDX 2800

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting Ham IV vs Yaesu SDX 2800
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 23:34:19 -0400
As has been stated they are different. You can make/build a flat plate adapter, or one that stands off a bit. The mounting plate/accessory shelf for the Ham series of rotators has a cutout for the terminal strip. The two makes use different bolt circles so the adapter plates are relatively easy to make. IIRC the Yaesu uses a socket on the side of the bottom shell which simplifies things. Just position the bolt holes for the Yaesu so one comes out in the cutout.

I built several adapter plates using 1/4" Al plate. ( IIRC, they were about 4 X 4" ) to mount Yaesu thrust bearings on those accessory shelves. I would think this would be close to the same. I built stand off adapters, but if I do it again, I'll mount the plate flat on the accessory shelf with one Yaesu bolt in the cut-out.

They work about the same, but the flat mount is easier to explain.

73

Roger (K8RI)