[TowerTalk] Fulton K1550 / K2550 Swap: Cable Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fulton K1550 / K2550 Swap: Cable Question
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 15:07:54 -0400
All:

I recently replaced the Fulton K1550 winch on my U.S. Tower rasing fixture with a Fulton K2550. It was a direct swap so I didn't have to modify mounting plate.

My only concern is that the wider spool of the K2550 has 2 layers of cable on it so it will be down to last layer when the tower is tilted over.

Although most of the last layer will still be on the spool, I need to be sure that it provides enough grip to safely lower and raise the tower. The K1550 had 3 1/2 layers to work with.

So should I leave it as is or buy a longer cable?

Tony