Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for a Fulton winch

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for a Fulton winch
From: Mike Reublin NF4L <nf4l@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 16:34:21 -0400
I used one for my raising fixture and to extend the tower and it didn't last
long. Best I can figure, the bushing for the worm shaft siezed and turned in
the frame. That cut the bushing and enlarged the hole. The thrust washers in
front were pressed to paper thiness.

Fulton would not sell the parts (either to me or to a Fulton dealer) to fix it,
nor reccommend a repair facility. I was able to get parts from several vendors
and repair it. I used a LocTite product to glue the new bushing in. It's been
flawless since then.

If I have to replace it I'd buy a Dayton SKU 12U381 from Grainger. $250.00. It
appears to be identical, except it's painted red instead of black. They say
there's no problem getting parts.

73, Mike NF4L