Re: [TowerTalk] tower paint

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower paint
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 15:02:51 -0700
On 6/11/15 1:59 PM, Gene Smar wrote:

It's called , "Nope - wrong rock.  Get me another one."

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

On 06/11/15, w6rgs@cox.net wrote:

He is going to have to define the specific meaning of that very
subjective term, unless you want to spend lots of money on paint and
guess wrong. You should get that definition in writing.

Bill W6RGS

Around here (Southern California) they will do things like paint the bottom of cell site monopoles a green or brown color and the top blue.

I'd ask him specifically "how about if I paint it a neutral tan or light blue" or some similar colors for your area. I'd take some paint swatches in and show him the colors and have them pick.

Then you have a nice specific meaning.

What they are probably looking for is that it won't be shiny zinc galvanized gleaming in the sun.