[TowerTalk] MFJ226 / SARK110

To: "Tower and HF Antenna Construction Topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MFJ226 / SARK110
From: Roger Parsons via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 13:33:13 +0000 (UTC)
Jim Brown wrote:

"Here's what I've been using for about 3 years.
http://sdr-kits.net/VNWA3_Description.html Note that it's a full Vector NETWORK
Analyzer ....."

I do also have the same VNWA, and whilst it is a very nice piece of kit, it is
really for a different purpose than the SARK. The SARK is indeed a single port
device which means it is not (very) useful for adjusting filters and some other
measurements. However, it does not need a PC. Yesterday I took it out into the
bush to adjust one of my Beverage terminations - that is around 3000' each way
over very rough terrain. Much, much better than the VNWA for that!

73 Roger
VE3ZI