[TowerTalk] 40M2L Help and Fix

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40M2L Help and Fix
From: Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 13:44:27 -0700
Thanks to all who provided support to the intermittent problem I was
experiencing with my "older" 40M2L.  My beam used the solid shorting bars
where the linear loading rods went through the rod and were secured by
steel allen head screws.  The newer shorting bars use a 2 piece bar secured
with bolts and nuts.

My fix was to use some aluminum split bolts on the rods and then strap
across with some #6 wire.  So far it looks like problem solved.  I did this
only to the DE and when I get a chance and things cool down I will do the
reflector also.

If anyone needs a picture of the fix please contact me directly.

--
Tnx es 73
Richard W7ZR

www.ridiculousones.blogspot.com/

*Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer*