Re: [TowerTalk] Inductor Design and Voltage Breakdown

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inductor Design and Voltage Breakdown
From: "Ron W8RJL" <youngron@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 21:14:32 -0400
Jim,

I would think that 23 turns of #10 could be self supporting (no coil form) and thus no insulation to breakdown. If #10 won't self support then go bigger with turns and length adjusted to end up with same uH. There are probably formulas out there somewhere but I'm an ole cut and try guy when I can't find the formulas. At least one of the commercial all band verticals uses big self supporting coils. If you are going to be a rover you will need a coil with good stability as well as no flash over. Let us know how you make out. 73, Ron W8RJL

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>