Re: [TowerTalk] TH7-DX 15M problem

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TH7-DX 15M problem
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 08:50:32 -0500
Trying a different amp could rule it out.

John KK9A

To:     "'Ham - Tower Talk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
From:   "David Robbins" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date:   Thu, 27 Aug 2015 11:19:54 +0000

No, running the amp into a dummy load won't rule out the amp.  A high swr
like
that caused by the amp is because the amp starts detuning and generates
harmonics, it?s the harmonics that would be reflected causing the high
reverse
power.  Running into a dummy load would likely not show that unless there
were
a good lowpass filter in between to reject them.

David Robbins K1TTT