To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 152, Issue 93
From: "James Wolf" <jbwolf@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 12:42:11 -0400
I had many a HyGain trap fail.  They don't slowly get worse, they
immediately arc and the SWR changes instantly.  All of my failures appear to
have been grass, or spider nests in the trap.
Bypass the balun and try it.

Jim - KR9U

______

No, running the amp into a dummy load won't rule out the amp.  A high swr
like that caused by the amp is because the amp starts detuning and generates
harmonics, it?s the harmonics that would be reflected causing the high
reverse power.  Running into a dummy load would likely not show that unless
there were a good lowpass filter in between to reject them.