[TowerTalk] MOV's

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] MOV's
From: Joe Feustle <jafeustle@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 15:26:44 -0400
Well, they've "MOVed" to my work bench where I cannot see any physical damage. I have just a few, not very sophisticated tools to check things and I've not made much sense of what I've found on the Interned for checking these devices. I reconnected all the wires according to color code and (big applause!) everything works once more.

Thanks to all who replied to my request for information. I really wasn't looking forward to spending the next couple of months only able to work stations in the NE.

Oh, I watched the MOV's decay kind of slowly while the rotor meter still functioned. It all reached the point where, no mater whether I pushed the key for CW or CCW, the meter showed a slight swing in the CW direction.

73
Joe, N8JF