Re: [TowerTalk] weather station on tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] weather station on tower?
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 09:10:07 -0500
I have the Davis Vantage Pro 2 about 20 feet up on my tower.  This unit has the
Davis WeatherLink cable added to the display unit to connect to the Internet
router.
http://www.weatherlink.com/user/kdutson/index.php?view=main&headers=1

The rain gauge accuracy is less than expected when compared to other gauges I
have.  It may need a standoff to put it farther from tower leg.  Also, I am
thinking about raising it to near the top of the tower (150 feet), but am
concerned about maintenance issues (too old to climb anymore).

73, Keith NM5G