Re: [TowerTalk] Basic Question about Antenna Height and Treetops

To: k1jos@att.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Basic Question about Antenna Height and Treetops
From: Bill via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 19:58:46 -0400
To a hilltop?  I wouldn't worry too much about the tree  tops.  They'll be
more than compensated for by the hill top.

Do yourself a favor and run the HFTA program that comes with the  ARRL
antenna book.  The required data input can be obtained for free from  K6TU's
site.  This program will allow you to adjust the heights of your  antennas to
fit your location.

You will be amazed by how much the hilltop affects your signal,  especially
on the lower bands.  Many times an elevation of only 30 or 40  feet tower
will "appear" to look like a 100 footer.

Get ready to work some real DX!

Bill K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 10/6/2015 11:51:36 P.M. Coordinated Universal Tim,