[TowerTalk] Placement of coaxial matching stub at yagi feedpoint

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Placement of coaxial matching stub at yagi feedpoint
From: "Bill Conwell" <bill@conwellpdx.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 07:22:47 -0700
I'm doing some EZNEC modeling - looking at converting a KLM 40m 2 element
yagi to 30m.

The feedpoint impedance is about 35 + j25 ohms.  By shunting it with an open
stub of about 100 inches of 75 ohm coax, I get a good match.

I know I'll need to keep the open end of the stub away from the boom, etc.
But is there any other reason the stub couldn't be laid-along, and taped to
the boom?  Or coiled nearby?  I think not, but wanted to tap the crowd for
collective wisdom.

Tnx,

/Bill, K2PO