Re: [TowerTalk] 40 metres yagi - Your advice matters

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 metres yagi - Your advice matters
From: Bryan Swadener via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 07:25:23 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Luciano,

When I decided it was time for a tower + yagi, one of my specifications was for
rotatable gain on 40m. I found a used Force12 C-4XL that is a C3 + EF240 on a
30' boom. While 20-10m uses full length elements, 40m is linear loaded. It went
together easily and tuning was fairly easy (previous owner made a change that
didn't work). It has been up several years now, with zero problems. I like that
there are no lumped inductors or traps to burn up. My non-scientific evaluation
says it seems to have good directivity and gain.

If you go with a bigger yagi, I believe you will quickly run into mechanical
issues to overcome. As we say in drag racing, "the faster you go, the harder it
is to go faster".

vy 73 es gl,
Bryan WA7PRChttp://www.tinyurl.com/wa7prc-tower