[TowerTalk] Fifty Years Ago Tonight

To: "'tower'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fifty Years Ago Tonight
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 18:58:43 -0500
TT:

     I looked at the calendar and saw that it was 50 years ago this evening
that I sat down with my Elmer and took my Novice Morse Code test.  I posted
on this subject a decade ago at
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2005-11/msg00294.html .
But this time I recall my Elmer's callsign: W3IGH
https://www.qrz.com/db/W3IGH .

     Today I'll add to my previous posting that our TV sets really ARE like
picture frames hung on the wall, as Popular Mechanics and Popular
Electronics predicted during the 60s.  I'm sure no one at that time even
guessed that we'd have hundreds of channels of television available or that
we'd be watching this "entertainment" on hand-held screens.  And at last we
have the Dick Tracy wrist-radio, albeit in the form of a short-lived product
from Apple.

     I'm looking forward to the next ten years of product development, both
evolutionary and revolutionary, in electronics and communications.  Maybe
we'll even get around to calling this stuff "radio" again.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F