Re: [TowerTalk] Any 17/12-Meter Vertical Antenna available?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Any 17/12-Meter Vertical Antenna available?
From: "Ray Day" <rayday@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 10:40:48 -0800
Hello, Group..

Ray N6HE here.

FYI, there's a QST article by Joel Hallas W1ZR describing a two-radial
ground plane for 20M and 15M built using ladder line for the three elements
(one radiator and two radials). I scaled it back for 17M/12M dimensions and
it worked great. We use it on our Palos Verdes ARC mini-DXpeditions to
Catalina Island. I believe it was published in mid-2013? He also had a
follow-up article with dimensions for other band combinations about a year
later.

It's super cheap, coils up to almost fit in half a shoe box if you want to
use it portable. I'd put a Common Mode Choke at its base.

If this is something that you'd like me to follow up on and get the exact
info, let me know and I'll dig it up.

73,

Ray N6HE

rayday@cox.net