Re: [TowerTalk] Oil For Dummy Load

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Oil For Dummy Load
From: Martin A Flynn <maflynn@theflynn.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 21:53:11 -0500
The C84025-1 Coaxial Dynamics load (2.5 kW CCS) at our club station uses Dow-Corning Xiameter PMX-200 silicon fluid.

A gallon was less then $50.00. We would have went with Diala ZX-4 transformer oil, but could not find reliable information if the residual silicon fluid would safely mix with the Daila.

In either case, the right part is fairly inexpensive - why use a substitute?

73 Martin Flynn
W2RWJ