[TowerTalk] Dummy Load-Expedient Version

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dummy Load-Expedient Version
From: "Wilson" <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 22:18:00 -0500
I have a couple of Cantenna dummy loads and they are fine, but for real power I
use an old Jenair electric stove module.  Its rated at 4KW and my puny 1500W
can’t even get a weak glow.  Of course at R=27 Ohms and X=???, it has to be
tuned.
No prob for an MFJ roller coil tuner.  Once tuned, it’s as good as any DL, with
unlimited duty cycle!
It hangs from the ceiling in my basement shack, always ready to go.  Cost $0
Of course a smaller element would work too, as will a 500W tower bulb, and
you’d get to enjoy the glow.
OOPS, not a tower problem...
Wilson
W4BOH