Re: [TowerTalk] Installing guy wires ???

To: "'Douglas Ruz (CO8DM)'" <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Installing guy wires ???
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 13:14:27 -0500
This is the method I use. With 3/16" and 1/4" EHS on my +/- 100 foot towers I have never found it necessary to use a screwdriver or wrench to tighten the rope. Even when using turnbuckles as short at 6 inches, I have been able to easily pull the rope tight enough to terminate the end of the guy cable and still have enough adjustment range to obtain tension with the turnbuckle. Your mileage may vary, of course. Often I can tie the rope at the anchor, rather than running it back to the cable clamp. Depending on the anchor type, this can be somewhat easier or more difficult.

Paul