Re: [TowerTalk] Can´t add egg insulator...

To: "Douglas Ruz (CO8DM)" <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Can´t add egg insulator...
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 06:59:34 -0600
At risk of purists saying absolutely not, if I were going to put up just 30
feet of 25G tower and didn't have all the proper materials to insulate the guy
wires and guy it as would normally be done, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to
put two levels on that small tower using 3/8" diameter polyester (Dacron) low
stretch rope. The antenna will blow apart first eliminating a potential problem
and rope doesn't rust.

Stan, K5GO

Sent from Stan's IPhone