[TowerTalk] FW: Anyone familier with the Mosley S-402 beam?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Anyone familier with the Mosley S-402 beam?
From: "Matt" <maflukey@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 11:00:15 -0600
>> I've been on the lookout for a 2 element beam to put up next summer.
What opinions are there on the Mosley S-402 unit?

Thanks
N1BBR :-]

Hi Duane,

I acquired a used S-402 a few years ago as part of an estate purchase.
Like most Mosley's, it is a mechanically sturdy antenna.
Like most shortened 2-element beams on 40m, the F/B performance bandwidth is
rather narrow despite decent SWR bandwidth.
Bottom line is it performs about as good as any of the other shortened
2-element 40m beams.
FYI - I am converting my S402 into a Moxon, in hopes of achieving a much
wider performance bandwidth.
Hope this information is useful and good luck.

73
Matt
KM5VI