Re: [TowerTalk] Heavy duty free-standing tower options?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Heavy duty free-standing tower options?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 23:23:38 -0700

I have an HD-70 and wouldn't buy anything else, given the wind gusts I get here on this hillside. The Trylon towers are a good value (performance versus cost), but they aren't are strong as the AN Wireless products. The AN Wireless web site used to have a pdf file from a structural engineer comparing the two, and although the comparison was funded by AN Wireless it's pretty hard to dispute the data. I don't know if the file is still there, but I have a copy if you want it.

And yes, the almost 20m cubic yards of concrete that went into my tower base may be overkill, but I've been at the top of the tower in 60+ mph wind gusts with two Optibeam antennas on it and barely felt it move ... and I would know because I'm fundamentally acrophobic. The cost of whatever extra concrete there may have been was a small portion of the total cost (tower plus rotator plus antennas plus shipping) anyway.

73,
Dave   AB7E

p.s. You can see pictures of my tower assembly and installation beginning at http://ab7e.com/AB7E_Tower_Page_1.html