Re: [TowerTalk] Tower buried section legs -- Buried in Concrete or Below

To: Larry Loen <lwloen@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower buried section legs -- Buried in Concrete or Below the Concrete?
From: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@me.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 09:59:54 -0800
The big problem is condensation in the tower legs. It doesn’t matter if water
can’t get into the legs, moisture will, and then will condense when the temps
drop. That water collects over time and will rust out the leg. Thus, you really
want to leave the leg open at the bottom (thus the pea gravel) so the moisture
will drain.

- Jack, W6FB