Re: [TowerTalk] Condensation/spell checker strikes again...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Condensation/spell checker strikes again...
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 23:49:50 -0500
On 2/1/2016 Monday 10:45 AM, Roger (K8RI) on TT wrote:
Our "current" contractor then poured and dodder *(poured and rodded)* the entire basement wall as well as resealing the outside, adding 1" Styrofoam to the outside of those walls and installing new weep tile.

I don't know if my spelling was correct, but it was understandable <:-)

The new contractor put rerod into the blocks by knocking a hole in the top blocks between the webs, then pushing a length of said rerod all the way to the bottom. then filled the entire hole with concrete. This was done not only because of the sewer contractor's slip (he was informed about the ground cable before he started), but two walls had some small cracks. Inspection revealed that the walls were no longer straight from top to bottom, nor were they plumb which is why all the basement walls were redone. We had a basement full of 2 X 12s bracing walls to keep them straight during the work.

So, my poor choice of going "through" the wall and a sloppy contractor may have been a good thing in the end, although expensive. <sigh>.

MORAL: Choose the route / location of ground cables carefully and take a possible future into the plans!

The basement wall work, old conduit, "Y", and new conduit installation are shown in http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/cablebox.htm as well as the messenger cable in the box at the house. The installation of the run to the shop as well as the NEMA box at the tower are also shown.

 73,

Roger  (K8RI)

---