Re: [TowerTalk] Participating in a contest for the sake of dx?

To: "'dw'" <bw_dw@fastmail.fm>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Participating in a contest for the sake of dx?
From: "Marsh Stewart" <marsh@ka5m.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 19:28:08 -0600
dw,

Perhaps you are mistaken. I can only speak for myself,  but I look forward
to DX contests, especially CW contests, as a great opportunity to work new
band / entities. If I operate S&P and show up in say 100 (or many more) logs
why would the contest sponsors not count my QSOs for credit in the logs that
are submitted? Besides that, if there were not for others like me, who would
all those stations running (calling CQ) work? And, as a bonus, at least for
me, most contest stations QSL via LoTW, so I get credit for a confirmed QSO
soon after the contest. So, am I a "contester"? You decide. Maybe not, but,
I'm having fun.

If I'm missing something, please enlighten me.

Marsh, KA5M