Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 158, Issue 20

To: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 158, Issue 20
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 08:25:38 -0600
Grant, thanks for your input. I agree that cattle would not be Beverage friendly. I had some stock get next to the house once and they ate the coax that was running from the satellite dish to the house. It was jammed between brick wainscot and vinyl siding but they pulled it out, pulled it down, and chewed it up. Another time they got to my remote WX station and ate the cables running from the anemometer to the main enclosure/sensor suite.

I'm interested in your modeling results re the 10 ft elevated Beverage but I don't understand your description regarding "insulated every 200 ft." I would appreciate it if you could give me some more detail, maybe via PM if you think this is not of general interest.

Meanwhile I will read about 4 sq and DHDL.

Thanks,

Patrick        NJ5G