Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for alternative sources for fiberglass spreaders

To: "'Gene Smar'" <ersmar@verizon.net>, <bw_dw@fastmail.fm>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for alternative sources for fiberglass spreaders
From: "W5GN" <w5gn@mxg.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 14:18:04 -0600
Even cheaper was the 2 el 15 meter beam using a 2x4 as the boom,
1x2 by 4 feet to which was mounted bamboo fishing poles
wrapped with aluminum foil and a small loading coil on the
director.  Played magnificent (in the 1958 Sun Spots!)

This was from CQ Magazine, I think, and called the Catfish Special

Barry, W5GN