Re: [TowerTalk] Source for renting tower and cable installation tools

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Source for renting tower and cable installation tools
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 12:25:26 -0800
On Fri,2/19/2016 12:02 PM, Richard Spurling wrote:
Does anybody know of a source that will rent out tools for cable assembly
work for Times, Andrew and / or RFS Cable Wave Systems?

The installation instructions for all of their hard line that I have seen call for nothing more exotic than a hacksaw and ordinary electrical hand tools. I don't claim to be an expert, but that's all I've used to terminate a half dozen different types of hard line that I've scrounged from various sources to standard connectors that match each of the individual line types. And matching the connector to the line is most important -- each type of hard line is constructed differently.

Here's a short applications note that I wrote after doing that. It includes a listing of connector types and sources that I found for them. Not intended to be all inclusive, but it's what I found for what I had and what I needed. :)

http://k9yc.com/HardLine.pdf

BTW -- I was able to find, download, and print out instructions for most hard line types from the internet. Google is your friend.

73, Jim K9YC