[TowerTalk] 40 meter vertical beam

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 meter vertical beam
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 08:43:10 -0800
Hi All

I have a 40 meter vertical dipole that I'd like to put a reflector behind
and make a vertical beam.  I was reading in an issue of CQ Contet about an
antenna the Team Vertical built for a contest.

The took a vertical dipole and put a reflector behind it, but said that the
length was not the normal reflector length for a horzontal beam.  There
wasn't any information about what the length of the reflector was, but just
that it was not the normal length.

Does anyone know how to calculate the length of the reflector for this
antenna??

Thanks and 73
Tom W7WHY