Re: [TowerTalk] Please critique my plan for installing this tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Please critique my plan for installing this tower
From: Dick Blumenstein <rcblumen@centurylink.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 11:35:01 -0400
HI Ed-

There is very little surface rust on the tower and I got it for a very good price, especially considering the addition of the antennas, prop pitch motor, Green Heron digital prop pitch motor controller and the 2 crank motors that came with it.

I probably could erect it without rebuilding the pulley sheaves and wire rope, but feel that it wouldn't hurt to check them out first. They might be in good order, but as long as I have it that far apart, why not replace them?

Thanks for the feedback on the lightning rod.

Dick, K0CAT