Topband: Reverse feed system...

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Reverse feed system...
From: "Douglas Ruz / CO8DM" <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 22:03:33 -0400
Hi,

I would like try the Reverse Feed System (N4KG antenna) on 80m.

I have a 50 ft GROUNDED tower (isolated from the guy wires) and similar size
of Rohn 25G.How much top loading I need If radials (4) are connected at 15
ft?...

I have an spiderbeam on top but this antenna does not add any LOAD because
all elements are isolated.Anyway, I have a 6m Yagi. 5 elem on a 15ft boom.
The 6m yagi has all elem connected to the boom but the driven. I can install
the 6m yagi on top of the tower about 4 ft below the spiderbeam.

Maybe I need a larger 6m yagi to obtain enough loading ?

Thoughts ?

Doug, CO8DM