Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Lube

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Lube
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 14:07:10 -0400
It all depends on the speed and type of gears.

PST61 or worm gear systems? You bet. I use white Lithium grease. I pack the inside of the double worm gear housing with it. Works great with the high coefficient of friction Hi speed, low torque spur gears as in the Hy-gain Ham series? Just a drop or two of light oil.
Ham series load ball bearings? Again, White Lithium grease.

White Lithium grease is inexpensive, easy to use,Viscosity is stable within normal temp range whither hot summer sun or Michigan sub zero winter nights. I've never had a problem with it.

73

Roger (K8RI)