[TowerTalk] excel spreadsheet for calculating moment of inertia

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] excel spreadsheet for calculating moment of inertia
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 08:17:22 -0700
I'm doing a generalized excel spreadsheet for calculating moment of inertia for a Yagi..

Is there a quasi standard format for specifying the lengths and diameters of elements and boom position (e.g. what you'd put into EZNEC or similar).

If someone could send me an example text file (off list, please) I can make it easy to cut and paste the tedious part into the spread sheet.

For modeling, you typically have a schedule of tapers: the sequence of diameters are the same for all elements, but the length of each diameter is different for each element.

What's not in a NEC model (and would have to be entered separately) is things like:
- fastener mass (rivets, bolts, worm gear clamps)
- overlap of tubing
- boom attachment mass
- matching network

Otherwise, I'll just pick something that seems easy (for me, which might not be easy for you)

73
W6RMK