Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] drill drive ?

To: w5jmw@towerfarm.net, TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] drill drive ?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 20:08:56 -0700
Usually the winch is a square drive, so an 8 point socket is needed rather than the usual 6/12 pt.. McMaster has them and the probably the Proto etc. roving tool trucks. Depending on torque needed and 18v battery drill vs a Hole-Hawg and the like, I might use a socket to drill chuck adapter with larger than 1/4" hex shank. However, the Horror Fright adapters are so cheap, break em and buy new (I've never broken one).

Grant KZ1W