Re: [TowerTalk] How far does RFI travel?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How far does RFI travel?
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 07:31:43 -0500
Of course there is no magic distance beyond which RFI hits a "Gardall Shield." Distance attenuates and at some point the level will go significantly below your natural noise floor (world wide lightning discharges etc.) Another answer is, "It depends." If you have some pot growers using industrial lighting instead of residential lighting then be prepared for lots of noise. Fairly recently there was a big flap over commercial/industrial lighting being sold at the big box stores being put into residential use. The RFI emissions of the residential grade lighting are much lower than the industrial which cause significant RFI problems.

Patrick        NJ5G