Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering Iron, Connectors, Cable

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering Iron, Connectors, Cable
From: "Wes Attaway (N5WA)" <wes@attawayforensics.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 19:44:38 -0600
I think one of the key takeaways from this discussion about connectors and cable is that unless you are absolutely sure that you are getting good quality stuff at a low price you are better off paying more for known name-brand items.

Jim is correct with his stories about doing all sorts of extra work under less than pleasant circumstances to replace some of the bargain stuff that was used.

Back when I was in the newspaper business I put up signs in our press rooms to encourage people to do it right the first time. The message isn't original but the sign read, "If you don't have time to do it right the first time when will you have time to do it over again".

You just can't save enough money to compensate you for the constant failures that occur at the most inopportune times when you buy and use cheap stuff.