Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning Damage, Crane used to replace Orion Positioner

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning Damage, Crane used to replace Orion Positioner
From: Bryan Swadener via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 03:32:47 +0000 (UTC)
Just for fun, if I didn't comply with government, I wouldn't have a tower.

When I mentioned I was looking to erect a tower, many locals said,
"...just put it up and deal with it if/when they come after you."

My response was, "and which of you is going to pay the fines and
other costs associated with not getting a permit, or the liability if
someone/something is hurt/damaged?"  The silence was deafening.

It turned out (for me), securing a permit was no big deal, and compared
to the overall cost, not terribly expensive. When I had my meeting with
my county reps (one was a ham), they were very excited. I was told that,
in twelve years before my premit, they couldn't recall a SINGLE
permitrequest for a ham tower. There are some 2K hams in my county. Scary.
Just sayin'.

Bryan WA7PRC