Re: [TowerTalk] Can I bury rotator cable?

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Can I bury rotator cable?
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 09:55:55 -0400
My rotator cable to the southwest tower is buried (250 feet) since 2006. It has some splices, but no problems yet. Each wire at a splice is twisted and soldered, then wrapped with butyl rubber, then Scotch Super 88. (I trimmed the length of each wire differently so no two actual splices overlap) Entire cable in the splice area is wrapped with butyl rubber, then glue lined heat shrink, then Super 88. The splices are "ugly" but underground no one can see them.

Paul N1BUG