Re: [TowerTalk] Birds and the Leaning Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Birds and the Leaning Tower
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 11:33:21 -0400
Lately a lot of turkey vultures enjoy sitting on my upper antennas.  They
are fairly large and not very nice looking. I do not think that there is
any way to keep birds off. If the element turned on the boom you can
temporary fix it by tossing a rope around the higher end and pulling it
level. For a more permanent solution you may have to use better clamps. If
the aluminum physically bent it is either a soft grade or too small. An
element truss can also help.

GL
John